Itinerary & Expenses – Indonesia
We were in Indonesia for a total of 11 days. We walked along Malioboro St in Yogyakarta, marveled at the temples of Prambanan and Borobudur, hiked to the active volcanoes Bromo and Ijen, and finally drank in the culture of Ubud and lounged at the beaches of Kuta in Bali.
Please feel free to pick and choose which portion of our itinerary you’d like to use. Do make sure that you allot enough leeway for travel times and delays.
Please note that the following are our major/necessary expenses. This does not include purchases like snacks, supplies, souvenirs, etc. Prices are on a per person basis (except accommodations) unless otherwise specified. You also may have noticed that some meals didn’t make it into this list. It’s hard keeping track of those, cause I eat a lot! Hahaha!
|Bus to Gambir train station||IDR 20,000|
|Train to Yogyakarta (Malioboro)||IDR 325,000|
|Train Lunch||IDR 20,000|
|Accommodations at Malioboro||IDR 175,000|
|Kopi Luwak||IDR 68,000|
– Prambanan to Borobudur
– Accommodation check-in (Rajasa Hotel)
|Yogyakarta (Malioboro) to Borobudur private car*||IDR 200,000|
|Accommodations at Borobudur||IDR 250,000/night|
|Dinner for two (Rajasa)||IDR 80,000|
* We needed to head back to Malioboro from Prambanan by public transport since there are no taxis. We took at least 3 different buses to get there. I wasn’t able to keep track of the fares.
– Borobudur sunrise
– Borobudur to Probolinggo
– Accommodation check-in
|Borobudur Sunrise (Manohara)||IDR 380,000|
|Borobudur to Yogyakarta (Malioboro) private car||IDR 200,000|
|Yogyakarta (Malioboro) to Surabaya train||IDR 245,000|
|Surabaya to Probolinggo train||IDR 80,000|
|Becak to Hotel||IDR 10,000|
|Probolinggo accommodations||IDR 170,000/night|
|3D/2N Bromo-Ijen tour||IDR 1,250,000*|
*The IDR 1,250,000 Bromo-Ijen tour package includes:
– Mini bus to Cemoro Lawang
– Bromo accommodations with breakfast
– 4×4 to viewpoint and drop off to Mt. Bromo crater
– Van to Banyuwangi (Ijen)
– Ijen accommodations with dinner and breakfast
– Drop off at trail to Ijen crater
– Van to port, ferry and bus to Denpasar in Bali
– All entrance fees are also covered
|Dinner for two at Denpasar bus station||IDR 27,000|
|Denpasar to Ubud taxi + 30% surcharge||IDR 200,000|
|Accommodations at Ubud||IDR 200,000/night|
|10-hour tour||IDR 450,000*|
|Gunung Kawi||IDR 15,000|
|Tirta Empul||IDR 50,000|
|Pura Ulun Danu Batur||IDR 50,000**|
|Ubud rice terraces|
*IDR 450,000 let’s you rent the entire car. Good for groups.
**Includes traditional Balinese costume.
– Walk around Ubud
– Ubud to Kuta
– Accommodation check-in (Bakung Sari Resort & Spa)
– Check out Kuta night life
|Ubud to Kuta bus||IDR 50,000|
|Accommodations at Kuta||USD 28/night|
– Bali to Manila
NOTE: Prices/Rates may have changed since this post was published.