I was watching Ian Wright’s travel show on TLC. He was somewhere in China slurping on a bowl of soup with great gusto. Made me miss our night food market adventure during our trips to neighbor countries. Where at every turn there is something new, something odd, something you’d like to try, neither really knowing nor caring what’s in it.

Here in Metro Manila, several night food markets have sprung. Setting up tent usually in vacant lots or parking areas near the busy business districts. Mercato Centrale at BGC (Bonifacio Global City) is such a place.

Midnight Mercato at BGC came from the same organizers as Fiesta Bahia, The Mercato Centrale Group. Despite the wonderful concept of Fiesta Bahia, I was not totally impressed with the food selection. Let’s see how Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC fares.

Mercato Centrale tent at the Fort Bonifacio Global City (BGC), Taguig

Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC

Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC Schedule:
Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
6:00 pm – 3:00 am

Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC Location:
25th St & 7th Ave (in front of The Forum)
Bonifacio Global City (BGC)
Taguig

Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC Contact details:
(0917) 840-1152 / (02) 812-0102
[email protected][email protected]
website
facebook

We went to Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC very late in the evening, still the place is packed with people; mostly yuppies from the nearby BPO companies.

Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC is set up very nicely. All the food stalls are inside a huge tent, while the seats and tables for the diners are placed outside.

Seats outside Mercato Centrale night food market tent at the Fort Bonifacio Global City (BGC), Taguig

Most food markets I’ve been to doesn’t have enough seats to cater to all of the patrons. Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC is no exception. Apart from having a food loving culture, most Filipinos like to chat during and, most especially, after a meal. Making the shortage of seats more apparent.

Food stalls inside Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC’s tent are grouped based on the type of dish they sell. On one side of the tent are ihaw-ihaw, adjacent to it are the main course, on another are drinks and in the middle are mostly desserts and sweets.

Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC has one of the widest variety of food I’ve seen among all of the food markets I’ve been to. They also rank as one of the most eclectic.

Apart from the usual Pinoy favorites, there is Thai, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese dishes. There are also a lot of stalls dedicated to just drinks. Dessert lovers will have no shortage of options at Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC. There are kakanin, cakes, cupcakes and ice cream with weird flavors.

I was immediately drawn to the Vietnamese stall. The Banh Mi was calling out to me! I also bought fresh spring rolls from the same stall. For dessert, to my great delight, Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC has a stall selling my favorite layered cake (I don’t know what it’s called). I used to always buy this cake from Banchetto in Pioneer which is nearby our place; unfortunately, they’re no longer associated with them.

The Banh Mi was pretty good. It brought back memories of eating at the sidewalks of Ho Chi Minh City. The flavors were there. It would’ve been perfect had the bread not been tough and chewy. The fresh spring rolls tasted… uhm… fresh. And of course the cake! I gobbled all of it up without any consideration for calories! I even bought another one for later. Haha!

Whenever I go to food markets here in the Philippines, I often notice two things; the lack of seats and the limited variety of food options.

Mercato Cetrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC changed that. Well… changed a part of it. There are still not enough seats. Something I’ve come to expect when going to such places. The food choices, on the other hand, was not an issue.

Those going on a food trip will surely enjoy what Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC has to offer. The wide assortment of food, coupled with affordable prices will surely make the heartiest of eaters want to pig out. I did!

01 Oct 2015 – Updated schedule and location
28 Nov 2015 – Please note that all photos are still from the old location
23 Nov 2016 – Update schedule

Eating out?
Whet your appetite and check out the RESTAURANT ARCHIVE.

49 Responses to Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC: Almost the Ultimate Night Food Market

1. Concur1234 10 December 2016 at 4:01 pm #

hello, may we know what are the menus and schedule do you have on weekends?

• rainbowjournal 12 December 2016 at 1:30 am #

Hello, Please check the Be Informed tab of the article for Midnight Mercato’s schedule. You may want to have a look at their website/facebook page to see the list of vendors. Cheers! :)

2. Aliverz 4 December 2016 at 9:13 am #

HI,

Are you open tonight? We’ve got expats that we would like to experience eating there.

• rainbowjournal 5 December 2016 at 11:37 pm #

Hi Aliverz, Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC’s schedule is noted on the “Be Informed” tab. :)

3. Chie 11 November 2016 at 5:33 pm #

Hi… an we bring pets there or are they restricted?

• rainbowjournal 22 November 2016 at 3:05 pm #

Hi Chie! It’s okay to bring your fur babies to Midnight Mercato. :)

4. Asia 26 August 2016 at 9:31 am #

Hi, is the mercato in BGC still on going? We are planning to go there tonight. Thanks :)

• rainbowjournal 26 August 2016 at 11:23 pm #

Hi Asia! Yes, Midnight Mercato at BGC is on-going. You may also want to check their facebook page. They sometimes cancel due to bad weather.

Sorry for the late reply, we’re having some connection problems at the moment. Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog! And I hope you’ll have a good time and a full tummy there. :D

5. Elena Gatus 14 April 2016 at 1:21 pm #

Do they sell different kinds of roots? For example, licorice, cinnamon sticks etc etc

• rainbowjournal 14 April 2016 at 6:44 pm #

Hi Elena, I din’t see any of those. They sell mostly ready-to-eat food. Maybe try Legazpi Sunday Market in Makati.

6. dianne 7 December 2015 at 11:51 am #

hi, ask ko lang po if how we can join to mercato bgc? how much the cost? and what are the process?

• rainbowjournal 7 December 2015 at 4:07 pm #

Hi Dianne, Thanks for visiting my blog. I’m not affiliated with the Mercato Group. I just really enjoy their food bazaars. :)

You may want to try the contact details on the Be Informed section of the article to inquire with them.

7. Angel 21 November 2015 at 2:05 pm #

Where can we find the Mercato now in BGC? Just went last night across the Home Depot lastnight (old place of mercato). Trying to find it somewhere in BGC. Feedback please.

• Angel 21 November 2015 at 2:08 pm #

Oops. Where is The Forum? Malapit rin ba sa dating lugar ng mercato?

• rainbowjournal 21 November 2015 at 7:47 pm #

Hi Angel! Thanks for visiting my blog. Midnight Mercato’s new location is a bit far from the old one. They are now located near the NBC Tent, further south. Hope this helps. :)

8. jezel manalo 22 June 2015 at 12:24 am #

hi po, ask ko lang paano po pmunta at mercato centrale if galing po ako ng cubao? ty

• rainbowjournal 22 June 2015 at 1:48 am #

Hi Jezel! If you’re commuting, kahit anong bus na dumadaan ng EDSA. Baba ka sa Guadalupe, take the overpass then sakay ka ng jeep to BGC. Di lang ako sigurado kung dadaan sila mismo kung nasaan ang Mercato. Or take a cab, para hassle free. Haha! :P

If you’re driving, U turn is at EDSA-Ayala intersection, then turn right at Kalayaan, right at 32nd St. Di na ako sure sa mga pasikot-sikot after. Haha! Baka kasi naiba na rin ang mga one-way roads dun. Mercato is just behind S&R.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you found what you’re looking for and do visit again. :)

• jezel 20 October 2015 at 4:07 pm #

• rainbowjournal 20 October 2015 at 10:20 pm #

Hi Jezel! Midnight Mercato recently moved to a new location. They’re now at 25th St & 7th Ave (in front of The Forum).

9. alyssa nel bulabos 28 May 2015 at 6:01 pm #

ask ko lang still open pa ba sila this week want ko pumunta sana thanks

• rainbowjournal 28 May 2015 at 10:26 pm #

Hi Alyssa, Thanks for visiting my blog! :)
      Yes, Mercato Centrale’s Midnight Mercato at BGC is ongoing every weekend (Fri-Sat) 6pm to 3am. Hope you enjoy you’re visit there. And share with us you’re experience. :D

10. Malcolm Open 20 October 2014 at 3:06 am #

Notes

11. Rainbow Journal 28 June 2014 at 4:50 pm #

Hello Jerome, Thanks for visiting my blog. Try calling them though these channels: (0917) 840-1152 / (02) 812-0102
    [email protected] / [email protected]
    You may also visit their facebook and web pages through the link I posted on the article.

12. Jerome Vicente 27 June 2014 at 9:08 pm #

does anyone know how to get a booth in MERCATO??i want to put up a business there!!=)

13. Rainbow Journal 6 May 2014 at 9:17 am #

It's really nice when you have variety and that's what food markets are about. :)

14. Mitch Ryan 6 May 2014 at 8:19 am #

I am so lucky to be in a country where food market is rampant. I love it.

15. Rainbow Journal 4 May 2014 at 4:27 pm #

I believe they are both by the Mercato Group. Though they try to mix it up by having themes for each site. :)

16. Ria Hazel Lumandog 4 May 2014 at 1:39 am #

YUMMY! I miss food markets like these. Hope BGC's near to me, I only go to Mezza Norte. Pero I think MN and Mercato Centrale is within the same company. :)

17. Rainbow Journal 2 May 2014 at 10:24 am #

Hope you'd get the chance to visit Mercato Centrale at BGC soon and get to try the food on offer. Cheers! :D

18. Rainbow Journal 2 May 2014 at 10:23 am #

Yum indeed! :)

19. Slick Master 2 May 2014 at 2:46 am #

I heard this thing since last year. And still, I haven't managed to go there. And not I'm hungry (at the moment) and seeing these foods and stalls. Just… wow. Hahaha!

20. Ma Katrina Camille Enerva 1 May 2014 at 11:51 pm #

Food… Yum!

21. Rainbow Journal 1 May 2014 at 3:24 pm #

Tell me about it! like eating too! Hahaha! If you're into Pinoy food, Mercato Centrale's Fiesta Bahia at MOA is for you. Here's my article on that. http://rainbowjournal.com/3080/fiesta-bahia-sm-mall-asia-moa-food-seats-zumba/

22. Jhojo Villas 1 May 2014 at 1:33 pm #

These dishes are so mouth-watering. nagugutom tuloy ako! haha.. I am keen to eating especially with our very own pinoy delicacies.. :D

23. Rainbow Journal 30 April 2014 at 9:54 am #

Hi Gab! True, the tables can be a bit messy and the smoke from all of the ihaw-ihaw can be overwhelming at times. I do like, however, having the tall buildings behind as a backdrop. What can I say, I'm a city rat. Hahaha!

Thanks again for the compliment. Ano, let's work on your blog na. :D Hihihi!

24. Gabriela Fernandez 30 April 2014 at 9:47 am #

I really love the layout of your blog. haha. I enjoy the food at mercato but I do not like eating there because the tables are messy and the different smell of food is really pungent. What my friends and I do is that we buy what we want and just eat in the car. :) Gab of http://www.taragumala.blogspot.com

25. Saralee Joy Abesamis 29 April 2014 at 8:00 am #

Rainbow Journal awww.. thanks a lot for that compliment! but those videos dont give me justice at all! haha im more talkative or bubbly in person! haha sorry for that haha

26. Rainbow Journal 29 April 2014 at 7:53 am #

You're welcome, Saralee Joy Abesamis . I viewed a couple of your videos on youtube, you seem like a really bubbly person. :) Cheers!

27. Saralee Joy Abesamis 29 April 2014 at 6:17 am #

Rainbow Journal thanks for the reply!

28. Rainbow Journal 29 April 2014 at 6:15 am #

The one in Emerald Ortigas, I think, is the first (organized) night food market here in the Philippines. Unfortunately, they no longer have a set up there. While Mercato Centrale at BGC is not the easiest place to get to, it is worth visiting. Cheers! :)

29. Rainbow Journal 29 April 2014 at 6:12 am #

I haven't been to the one in Salcedo, though I've been wanting to go for the longest time. :)
    Banchetto no longer have a night market at Emerald. They have one at Robinsons Forum and Shopwise Libis.

30. Raymond Nicolas 29 April 2014 at 12:34 am #

I have only tried Banchetto in Ortigas some 4 years ago haha. That's when I was still working in the area. I haven't been to Mercato simply because it's far away from my place hehe. But if I'll be there in the future, I might also try. Thanks for the recommendation. :-)

31. Rainbow Journal 28 April 2014 at 1:35 pm #

Mercato Centrale at BGC is the best night food market I've been to so far. :)

32. Saralee Joy Abesamis 28 April 2014 at 1:35 pm #

never heard of this before! very interesting! the last time i ate in a place like this was like 2yrs ago! is this better than the morning market at salcedo? the emerald night market at ortigas is it still going on?

33. Rainbow Journal 28 April 2014 at 1:34 pm #

Hmmm… I'll do my research… I'd like visit the one in MetroWalk too, if they're still there. I like eating eh! Ahaha! Thanks for the word.

34. Sherlane Fortunado 28 April 2014 at 1:04 pm #

I already heard of Mercato from my former office mate before and she said that the food is delicious.

35. Jing Dalagan 28 April 2014 at 12:58 pm #

Rainbow Journal That's nice. I remember going to MetroWalk kasi dati, and my friends referred to the dining booths we ate as part of Mercato Centrale :D

36. Rainbow Journal 28 April 2014 at 12:51 pm #

I'm not so sure about that. The Mercato Group is opening a lot of new night food market everywhere. :)

37. Jing Dalagan 28 April 2014 at 11:57 am #

Is this the same as Mercato Centrale at MetroWalk before?