So what is it… start going to the gym, eat healthier, exercise regularly? According to an article in Forbes, about 40% of people make New Year’s resolutions, and a good chunk of that has something to do with loosing weight or living a healthier lifestyle. Unfortunately, just around 8% are able to stick to their New Year’s resolutions.
I won’t be sharing any secrets on how to best keep these resolutions. I’m still working on getting into that elusive 8% myself. But for those who try in the earnest to commit to their resolution of eating healthier, here’s a simple Braised Fish Fillet with Tofu recipe you’re sure to enjoy.
Braised Fish Fillet with Tofu Recipe
- 500 g dory fillet or any white fish fillet, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 pack soft tofu, cut in bite size pieces
- coriander leaves (garnish)
- ginger, julienne and fried until golden brown and crispy (garnish)
- oil for frying
- 1 egg, separate yolk and white
- potato flour (regular flour will also do)
- 1 tbsp ginger puree
- 1 tbsp garlic puree
- scant chicken stock
- 1 jigger Chinese/Shaoxing wine
- Soak tofu in hot water
- Dip fish in egg yolk then potato flour, fry until golden brown, set aside
- Saute ginger and garlic puree
- Add Chinese/Shaoxing wine
- Add chicken stock
- Thicken sauce with potato flour
- Add egg white and stir quickly
- Add fish fillet and tofu into sauce, give a quick shake
- Garnish with coriander leaves and crispy ginger
Preparing the crispy ginger garnish is very much worth the extra steps. It adds an amazing flavor and texture to the dish. Time to enjoy your healthy Braised Fish Fillet with Tofu!
Adapted from Idol sa Kusina.