Delightful, easy to prepare and chicken! Okay, so the last one doesn’t quite fit the group, but I just love chicken. And I’m happy I found (Rasa Malaysia) this Pandan Chicken recipe.
PANDAN CHICKEN RECIPE
- Pandan leaves
- 2 pieces skinless chicken breast fillet (cut into 2 in. x 1 in. cubes)
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 dashes white pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 inches fresh ginger (grated and squeezed for juice)
I did some alterations depending on what ingredients I have available. I used thigh fillet (tastier), I didn’t have sesame seeds (which is fine, I just don’t like how they go in between your teeth). Buy your Pandan (also called Screwpine, I didn’t know that) fresh. It looses its aroma after a few days of storage.
- Mix the chicken with all the seasonings
- Add the ginger juice and marinate for 1 hour
- Put a piece of the chicken at the end of the pandan leaf and roll it up tightly
- Hold tight with a tooth pick
- Deep fry until golden brown
I suggest cutting the Pandan leaves at about 5-6 inches length making it easier to use as a wrapper. It’s also less effort to take out once you’re at the best part, eating! Enjoy!