When creating a meal plan, as I usually only cook for two, I look for recipes that call for most of the same ingredients. This Tofu Sisig recipe uses the rest of the tofu from the last recipe I posted, Braised Fish Fillet with Tofu.
Unlike the Braised Fish Fillet recipe, this Tofu Sisig is only semi-healthy. Actually, I’m really not sure if this is healthy at all. Heehee! For some reason, from which I blame popular culture, whenever I omit meat from what I cook, I feel that I’m eating healthier. This is probably just half true. Anyway, why semi-healthy? Because the other main ingredient of this Tofu Sisig recipe is mayonnaise. Perhaps using light mayo instead?
TOFU SISIG RECIPE
- 50 g tofu, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 2 tbsp water
- black pepper to taste
- 2 finger chilies, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- Fry tofu until golden brown, set aside
- Combine mayonnaise, oyster sauce, sugar, parsley, water and pepper, mix well
- Heat mixture in low heat while stirring, set aside
- Using sizzling plate (a skillet will do), over high heat, saute garlic, bell pepper and onions
- Add tofu and mayonnaise mix
- Top with sliced chili and onion and enjoy!
This Tofu Sisig recipe is more of a beer-buddy-type-of-recipe. Perhaps some chopped liver or a small amount of meat (fried to a crisp) will make this Tofu Sisig recipe more suitable to eat with rice. Then maybe top off with a generous amount of chicharon… Hahaha! So much for trying to keep things “healthy”.
Adapted from Idol sa Kusina.