Let’s face it, Dory fish fillets, though widely available, are not the tastiest. One needs to come up with clever ideas to prepare Dory to really enjoy the meaty fillets. And that’s just what Chef Logro did with this Dory Fritters recipe. Though this dish may be served with rice, I am more inclined to having it as an appetizer. This is also a great way to have kids eat fish.
With ingredients that are easy to find, minimal chopping and easy-to-follow steps, preparing this Dory Fritters recipe was such a breeze. Go try it yourself!
Dory Fritters Recipe
- 500 g dory fillet
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for deep frying
- 1 cup store-bought sweet-chili sauce
- Mince dory fillet
- In a bowl, season fish with salt and pepper
- Add flour, butter, egg, spring onion and 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- Form mixture into small balls
- Heat oil, add other tbsp of sesame oil, fry until golden brown
- Coat fish with sweet-chili sauce or serve as a dip
To make your Dory Fritters look more appetizing, you may skewer them between slices of carrots and cucumber using toothpicks. Enjoy!