Marinated Roast Pork Lomo with Mashed Yellow Pumpkin, that was the original name of this recipe by Chef Logro. First, we don’t have an oven, so the roast part is scratched. Second, I’m conflicted if the Pork Lomo on the ingredients list is the cured meat variety or is the Spanish term (for tenderloin) simply used to make the dish sound more fancy.
Having no luck finding any cured pork lomo, I opted to just buy a few cuts of tenderloin. There are several simple Pork Lomo recipes out there, should you really want to go the cured pork lomo direction.
MARINATED PORK WITH MASHED YELLOW PUMPKIN RECIPE
- 500 g pork loin
- 500 g pumpkin
- 50 g butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 50 g garlic puree
- 50 g onion puree
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 g rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients under Marinade and marinate pork for at least an hour (preferably overnight)
- Pan sear pork and cook for a couple of minutes on each side
- Boil pumpkin until soft, mash
- Put mashed pumpkin in pan over low heat, add butter, milk, salt and pepper, stir continously until mixture is almost dry
- Top slices of pork on a bed of mashed pumpkin
Time to enjoy your Marinated Pork with Mashed Yellow Pumpkin! I had fun plating this dish! Hahaha!